Accounts Payable AssistantApply
- Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
- Earnings: £21000.00 to £23000.00
tmgroup is one of the UK’s leading providers in technology for the property sector, we have also just been awarded ‘top employer’ status for 2021 and 2022. The great news is that we have a rare opportunity for an Accounts Payable Assistant to join our highly regarded Finance team.
We have a vision to make property transactions beautifully simple. We've set ourselves the challenge of simplifying the overall property chain from conveyancing to consumer. We do this by employing talented and innovative people and most importantly by listening to our customers.
This role is currently home based and when we are able, we would require you to work a hybrid working pattern between your home and our office in Swindon or permanently in our office if you desire.
You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return we will train you well, develop your skills as well as offer you a salary that is above the usual levels for this type of role. We will also enrol you in our excellent company benefits program that includes a bonus scheme and a sector leading wellbeing program.
We are described by our team as supportive, innovative and customer focused. In our business you will be joining a positive, passionate, collaborative, and ambitious team. We care about our people so you will receive the support, coaching, development, and leadership you need to thrive and keep us ahead of our competition.
About the Accounts Payable Assistant role
You will be part of a team and undertake a range of tasks in accounts payable as part of the Finance Transactional Team. We will work with you to develop the skills and understanding within the wider Finance team to enable you to advance your career as well as provide cover and rotate duties as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for assigned supplier control account reconciliations, using data uploads and automated matching in Microsoft AX
- You will enter and manage data on our accounts system Microsoft AX including manual invoice uploads and journals
- You will manage monthly supplier reconciliations
- You will deal with query resolution which involves liaison with suppliers and our internal Client Services department
- You will be reviewing and approving staff expenses on our cloud based Webexpenses system
- You will participate in a daily task rota with the wider Finance team; including completion of Cash Collections (via DD) and adhoc weekly uploads
- You will reconcile Local Authority and adhoc Company Credit Card payments
- You will arrange for Local Authority payments via BACs and bank reconciliations procedures
- You will support on the month-end process and help on rotational tasks as required
- You will apply agreed company procedures /policies and meet agreed deadlines
- You will ensure accurate filing and archiving, both digital and physical
- We will ensure you have a broad range of ad-hoc tasks and projects to working on as part of your bonus related objectives.
You will be successfully filling the requirements of the position when:
- You are part of the work rotation schedule across the team
- You are able to complete relevant role duties without direct supervision
- You are able to resolve issues from customer and supplier promptly
What we are looking for in our next team member, someone who has…
- A clear interest in an accounting role with double entry book-keeping experience/ knowledge
- A logical and systematic approach to problem solving
- An aptitude to learn new finance specific system processes and protocols
- An awareness of the importance of controls and good governance
- A great ability to communicate clearly and relate financial requirements to business activities
- Commenced or has the ambition to study AAT or a similar accountancy qualification
- A “Can Do” attitude and is excellent at teamwork
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you so please click apply today.
No agencies please, this is a direct hire.