Systems Engineer (IT Infrastructure)Apply
- Location: Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
- Earnings: £35000.00 to £35000.00
tmgroup is one of the UK’s leading providers in technology for the property sector, we have also just been awarded ‘top employer’ status for 2021. The great news is that we have a rare opportunity for a Systems Engineer to join our IT infrastructure team where you will be contributing to the design, delivery and ongoing support of the tmgroup infrastructure applications and services used by the business and its clients.
tmgroup have a vision to make property transactions beautifully simple. We've set ourselves the challenge of simplifying the overall property chain from conveyancing to consumer. We do this by employing talented and innovative people and most importantly by listening to our customers.
This role is based either from home or our office in Swindon. If you choose to be based from home then there will be some travel required to attend meetings and ideally you should be able to commute when required.
You will be working on a full time, permanent basis and in return we will train you well, develop your skills as well as offer you a salary that is above the usual levels for this type of role based upon our professional job evaluation methods. We offer excellent company benefits some of which includes a discretionary bonus scheme and an industry leading wellbeing program.
We are described by our team as supportive, innovative and customer focused. In our business you will be joining a positive, passionate, collaborative, and ambitious team. We care about our people so you will receive the support, coaching, development, and leadership you need to thrive and keep us ahead of our competition.
About the Systems Engineer role:
This role has several key accountabilities within it and plays an important part in third line support to our tmgroup companies. The role will be broad and provide cover for the IT support team as required, you will mentor junior team members and share expert knowledge across the wider IT team (35 employees). Excitingly you will lead and be part of key business infrastructure IT projects that will enable advancement of our infrastructure as a whole.
Its important that you are working towards becoming a subject matter expert across a number of technologies as you will recommend operational standards to support the future direction of these technologies within our business.
The technical and operational challenges you will face are not unique to us but gaining an understanding of the complex infrastructure cannot be underestimated, it’s a great challenge for the right person. Problem solving is a skill you will need as is resilience. We work together to support the business both in and out of hours. A sense of humour is a must as is a can do attitude.
What we’re looking for in our Systems Engineer:
- A background in providing first and second line support to Windows 7/8/10 based endpoints in an Active Directory domain.
- 2 years+ third line Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 or better support experience and associated x64 based server hardware.
- Can demonstrate experience of supporting servers in remote data centres.
- 2 years+ experience of supporting and managing Office 365 infrastructure, including but not limited to licensing, InTune, Sharepoint, Exchange, OneDrive.
- Any AWS support experience beneficial.
- Any VMware vSphere support experience beneficial.
- Any automation, scripting or Infrastructure as Code experience beneficial.
- Any networking, storage or LINUX knowledge beneficial.
If you would like to join our team as our new Systems Engineer then please click ‘apply’ today.
This is a direct advert, no agencies please as we have a PSL in place.